Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: how would you like your 1st grader going to school with a 12 grader?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    how would you like your 1st grader going to school with a 12 grader?

    seems like that is what someone is proposing according to the coalfield article today. Now how big of a mistake would that be? There was a huge debate in Norton about should 7th grade be at the High School and how what kind of dangers there would be with that. I was part of the few 7th grade classes that was at the HS.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: how would you like your 1st grader going to school with a 12 grader?

    Haven't read the Coalfield, so I don't really know what this is about. But doubt it would be 1st graders walking the halls with seniors, it sounds like something like the way Castlewood is setup, which isn't a problem that I know of.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member cosmo99's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2005
    Posts
    503
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: how would you like your 1st grader going to school with a 12 grader?

    I know that I would not like it, there are just too many things to list that can happen with older teens and small children being in the school together. Scary thought!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: how would you like your 1st grader going to school with a 12 grader?

    Like I said, I haven't read it but I don't think it's what the OP is suggesting. But I could be dead wrong, just wish there was a little more elaboration on it.....

  5. #5
    Inactive Member cosmo99's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2005
    Posts
    503
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: how would you like your 1st grader going to school with a 12 grader?

    I don't have a link to it but from the way I read it in the Coalfield today it is just one of the few ideas being tossed around regarding the whole consolidation thing.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: how would you like your 1st grader going to school with a 12 grader?

    I know that, but the way the OP put it, the 1st graders would be around the HS kids? Doesn't sound right.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member basketballguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2003
    Posts
    302
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: how would you like your 1st grader going to school with a 12 grader?

    glad we got R13's approval on this one... we can now disregard the thread.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: how would you like your 1st grader going to school with a 12 grader?

    I'm asking questions about it, I just don't think it is what the OP sounds like. ****.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 1999
    Posts
    1,019
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: how would you like your 1st grader going to school with a 12 grader?

    R13 may be right on this one Castlewood has there HS and Elm school at the same campus I 100% sure of the legistice but once they get to school there is not mixing of the students (there could be exceptions for some 7th or 8th graders taking HS Math or Band or something) and I have never heard any issues there


    What exactly was the plan laid out in the Coalfield?

  10. #10
    Inactive Member simple man's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2008
    Posts
    1,001
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: how would you like your 1st grader going to school with a 12 grader?

    I know this is dated but, Dryden had all 3 groups on the same campus. Primary was across the road ,in the newer building ,and the elem and hs could walk from one part of the school to another.
    We'll keep the lights on for you.
    Spuds

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •